April 16, 2013
Telemarker is racking up medals—including gold—at Teva Winter Mountain Games
Telemark skiing is what it’s all about for 24-year-old Christopher Ewart. With an impressive resume that includes a gold medal in the Inaugural Teva Winter Mountain Games Best Trick (Double Front Flip) and many published photos in print and online magazines, Christopher is well on his way to becoming a big name in the Telemark industry. A Colorado native, Christopher loves to represent local brands such as Meier Skis, and works as a full-time EMT in the Vail Valley.
My other sponsors include: SCARPA, Kind Design, Sweet Protection, and Beaver Creek Resort
Why Meier Skis?
I love the idea of independent companies searching for a better way to make skis. Anybody can make a good ski, but if they’re able to do it with renewable resources, and eco-friendly materials, it’s a huge plus. Pulling dying and downed wood from local forestry means less devastating impact on our environment. Bottom line, Meier makes some of the best skis in the industry, and they make them in the best way possible. I like that.
1. The mountain I learned to ski on was: Nashoba Valley, MA when I was 3 years old
2. I can’t live without: My skis or my dirtbike.
3. My favorite cuisine is: Sour Gummy Worms, beef jerky and orange Gatorade.
4. When I’m not skiing, you can find me: Twisting the throttle at a moto track or just enjoying a tasty beer in the sun.
5. My favorite movie of all time is without question: Dumb and Dumber…Duh! We’re in the Rockies!
6. Who/What inspires you? I try to use other sports as inspiration to innovate my free heel skiing. I’ll pick from snowboarding, motocross, skateboarding or surfing to try and generate ideas to bring to snow on my own skis. I love doing new tricks or variations that nobody has done before, and it’s easy with Telemark, because it’s just starting to get real popular in the freestyle scene.
- Bands: Bluegrass, Reggae, Hip Hop and Dubstep. You name it and it’s on my playlist.
- Books: I wish I had more interest in reading… but The Hitchhikers Guide to that Galaxy is an awesome book.
- Vacation Spots: Jackson Hole, Targhee, Moab, Vegas… I love everywhere I go!