January 2, 2013
Burton Riders extol the virtues of Shea Butter, Super Troopers, Family and Friends
During the 2011-12 season, John Jackson’s had an impressive part in X Games Real Snow Backcountry and a 4th place finish at Supernatural with a run that ended in a massive best trick-winning double cork. John Jackson was born at Mammoth, rode at June Mountain, and won U.S. Nationals at a young age.
Mikkel Bang, a Norwegian native, grew up getting extra credit with his standout video part in Burton’s “It’s Always Snowing Somewhere” and the opener of TransWorld’s “In Color.” He also learned switch backside 12’s, won X Games medals and Dew Tour overall titles—all before he earned his high school diploma in 2009. “I started snowboarding because it was JUST about fun with my friends. My first big accomplishment was to get on the Burton team when I was 11 years old. Now the biggest accomplishment is that I live off something that I love to do and I get to travel the world seeing new things and enjoying it with good friends,” he says.
Board: Burton, Custom X
Did You Know . . . ?
- The mountain I learned to ski/board on was Mammoth Mountain when I was 11 years old
- I can’t live without: A nice Shea butter foot massage, planting exotic flora in my garden, and a good naked trot
- My favorite cuisine is: Cajun food, extra spice
- When I’m not skiing, you can find me: At the festy deep in the woods
- My favorite movie of all time is without question: Super Troopers
- Who/What inspires you? The wise and fearless
Favorite Bands: Old Crow Medicine Show, The Devil Makes Three, Beats Antique, Groundation, Akron Family, Kalya Scintilla
Books: The Rock Warriors Way
Vacation Spots: Home sweet home
Board: I ride Burton Custom!
Did You Know. . . ?
- The mountain I learned to board on was Hemsedal, Norway when I was 7 years old
- I can’t live without: Family & friends
- My favorite cuisine is: all of them
- When I’m not snowboarding, you can find me: Skateboarding
- My favorite movie of all time is without question: Dumb & Dumber
- Who/What inspires you? Joy of life
Favorite Bands: Led Zeppelin
Books: Art of Happiness
Vacation Spots: Coast of Norway